Thursday, August 04, 2005

icecream,maid and mummy

Recently im hooked to those $1 icecream..U know, those kind that comes in the push-cart style. Yup, anyway in my semi-sane state that i was in after teaching today, here's a stupid convo i had with the icecream seller.

Me: Uncle, you mei you scoop de? (translated: you got the scooped kind?)
Uncle: -nods head-
Me: oh ok..i want chocolate.
Uncle: Biscuit?
Me: err nooO.. icecream.
Uncle: -stares at me-
Me: oohh noo noo..i mean bread!!

Sooooo pai seh after that ah!!!! Luckily there werent too many people ard! Phew~


Note to self: Never buy anything when not fully-awake next time!

All the babies fault la! Teaching them can drain me man! But i love them all sooOOOOO much!!! Think im starting to get attached to them already..oh no!
But all soo cute..how not to like? what's NOT to like?

Love my babies!hehhe..

Btw, they're only in K1..mmm...Nowadays parents a little too kan chong la. K1 only then already send them for reading/phonics class. But i guess it's better to teach a kid early aso la. If wait till P1 then realise that he/she have problem reading then sure got problems during exams!

Talking abt phonics, i was really amazed by how it works man! I mean i did not learn how to read my words using phonics. (mmm..come to think abt it, i dun even remember how i recognised words!mmmmmm..) If i recall correctly, my age group people werent taught using phonics. Do YOU guys know phonics?

I mean the way they break up the words..Amazing..
Like the word CHIP is actually broken into..

CH- (pronounced as 'cher')
-IP (prononced as 'ip')
put it together and u get CHIP!!

cool eh? :D

SHOCK is done as

SH- (pronounced as 'sher')
-OCK (pronounced as 'ock')
Shock!

amazing! i was like o_O the first time i heard it! I mean in my impression there were only such things in Chinese class!! Impressed.. Kinda interesting.. Am actually learning along with those kids! heheh..

Talking abt kids remind me of maids..which reminds me of that new movie THE MAID!!! urrghh...damn the advertisments for the show man!

Coz there i was...innocently walking hm (crappygang u know the darkness la)..listening to my fm and all. Then the advertisment came up!

-in creepy old woman's voice-
'For 30 days of the Chinese 7th month, all the hungry ghosts are released into Earth. It is said that if you hear someone calling you from behind, don't turn back!'

And at tt same bloody moment someone had to come up behind me..And he was talking!! Damn damn..Almost scared the shit out of me man! Why the hell must they play such things on radio!!! Show those ads. on TV not enough meh?? spare a thought for people like me la!!

Yah yah..i know! Im a coward!! Dunno why la..but it seems as if the older i get, the easier i get freaked out from such things! Im sooo not gonna come hm after 12midnight for the next 29days man! Sorry gang, if wanna meet must go home early k? :S

And did i mention before that my mum is such a darling.. Before she went to bed earlier, she went:

Mummy: Eh, only ur room the windows open at night know.
Me: So? U guys dun open the windows cos you switch on the AIRCON what! hmpph..
Mummy: then too bad for u la..Be careful what might come in ah.. U know this is what month ah...
-happily walks away laughing-